Recently hackers are sending blackmails to
to swindle hire or freight.
It is difficult to catch such cyber
criminals are recover losses due to the crime’s internationality. Therefore, it is
necessary to recognize the danger of such cybercrimes and be aware not to
become a target. Companies, in particular, should set up a company-wide security
system to keep the maintenance and preventive activities.
To prevent the damages/ losses from the
cybercrimes to the followings are helpful.
1. For transactions,
- Email fraud (spear fishing) exists at
all times so always make a phone call to the counterparty to see if the
invoice is genuine prior to transactions.
- Set it as the company’s internal procedure to make a
phone call to the counterparty for double check prior to money transfer.
- Set it as a procedure between the
parties to fix the bank account at the signing of contracts and to give
sufficient justification and make agreements through the telephone and
fax, etc. in case the account should be changed.
2. For on-line securities,
- Set updates automatically for MS Windows
and Antivirus programs.
- Do not open email and its attachment
from unknown sender and delete.
- Install PC firewall and set real-time
- Do not visit suspicious websites nor
download illegal programs.
- Change passwords regularly.
- Use computer programs which can minimize hacking
For more information, refer to
the attached publication by the Club.
Attachment : Lookout